Thursday 17 March 2011

Cards coming out of my ears

I am very happy as I was asked to make 6 cards on one day this week!  2 Mother's Day cards, 2 New Home cards, a baby card and a birthday card.  I have been beavering away and got half of them done but am still working on  a 50th card for someone else and also am trying to get loads of cards made for my first fair which is happening a week on Saturday.

I've uploaded the new ones I've made for sale on the 'cards for sale' page (!) and the commission ones so far are below:
 An easel card using Polka Doodles Back to Nature CD.  
The house and path have been decoupaged.  The sentiment was stamped with See-Ds and embossed with clear powder.  The flowers are little sequins and the butterfly is an embellishment that I 'borrowed' from my daughter (she 'borrows' loads of my stuff too)
Come to think of it, this is my first proper card made using a CD.  Hurrah!



They're moving to Australia.  I stuck the house on upside down (on purpose!) and found it hysterical
The backing paper is from Polka Doodles Back to Nature again and I did the wording using the basic Microsoft Office WordArt tools


Brief: An 8 year old called Lucy who likes cats.
Think this should fit the bill.

Stamped the pawprints on the backing paper using Distress ink and handcut the letters from mirri card using word letters as templates.  The 'L' and the 'C' are on 3D foam pads to make it a bit more interesting
The cat is a Kanban stamp, coloured in promarkers

Having a night off from card making now.  I may have been mumbling about DST in my sleep......

No comments:

Post a Comment